Monday, May 19, 2008

"Baby Got Back" is NOT one of the tracks

Ever since we got Colin his MP3 player for kids, he's been listening to music - at a responsible volume, at appropriate times - and remembering to turn it off when he's done. (We enjoy this now, as we're sure it will end.)

But he is very particular about his music.

I tried loading some "childreny" music on there, like the free Baby Einstein CD I had, or the "Linus and Lucy" theme... but no. Results ranged from, "Mommy, that not my song," to trying to kick the table. He only responded positively to pretty much straight-up rock and alt-rock songs... and a little R&B and Cajun music.

His current playlist includes:

"Charm Attack" by Leona Naess
"Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles
"Caring is Creepy" by the Shins
"Float On" by Modest Mouse
"Big Me" by the Foo Fighters
"J'ai vu le loup, le renard et la belette" by the Balfa Brothers
"Feel Good, Inc." by Gorillaz
"Use Me" by Bill Withers

I still need to buy a non-iTunes version of "Soul Meets Body" by Death Cab for Cutie - one of his favorite songs - because iTunes files won't play on the MP3 player.

Don't worry - when I was three, I doubt I would have known what "And he numbs himself with weed" meant. At that age, I was listening to the "Grease" movie soundtrack endlessly ("And no customer would go to you unless she was a hooker!"), as well as the soundtrack to the Broadway hit "A Chorus Line" (including "Dance 10, Looks 3", which has a chorus I can't even mention here, much less in polite company).

And I turned out JUST FINE!

No comments: