Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jina hits Kigali



This is Jina. Actually, this is Jina making Colin fall in love with her.

I've known Jina longer than I've known my husband. She's also six years younger than I am, but that doesn't seem to matter.

She's also a total smartie. I'm not kidding you.

She just sent me a great e-mail from Kigali. That's right, the Kigali that's in Rwanda. She's a journalist, so she travels all over the place, writing about exciting things. We were lucky enough to have her visit us just a few weeks ago, when I was thisclose to giving birth to Hayden. She played with Colin and worked her voodoo that she do on him, and we had a lot of fun (when I wasn't complaining about being pregnant).

Check out her blog, and if you have time, see all the things she's written for the CS Monitor (BTW, the story about the human rights statistician was one of the stories she was doing interviews for when she visited us!) or take a look at this old article on her that I'm sure she'll just LOVE you looking at.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I LOVE this picture! And good lord, somehow I forget that, but when you put it like that -- "I've known Jina longer than I've known my husband" -- I'm like, oh WOW. (Then of course I remember things like that letter you found that was near your computer when I visited, and I think, 'Yep, she knew me THEN. Good god.' Conceal all such embarrassing evidence, at least until the bidding price means you AND Matt don't have to go to work ever again.)

Awwww, this makes me miss you guys!!