Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Some Dudes" are having the Best Week Ever

Because, apparently, they feel that they may perch their cars wherever they please, no matter how much of an inconvenience or illegality it is!

Scene #1: I parked in front of the supermarket, then walked across the large shopping center, Hayden in stroller, to get some coffee. (Why re-park, right?) On my way back from getting coffee, I prepared to roll off of the sidewalk into the walking path that traverses the busy, busy road through the parking lot. Note that the walking path is for pedestrians only, and is surrounded on both sides by disabled parking spaces.

And there, parked, blocking the pathway, edging into the disable spots with his fenders fore and aft, just barely covering the huge, white capital letters stating DO NOT BLOCK, was Some Dude in a Minivan. What's worse, I notice he's texting. Or something. I give him the staredown and mental vibes. Doesn't look up. Cars start piling up behind him before venturing blindly around him, hoping the oncoming traffic won't hit them. Still doesn't look up. I walk up to his window. Still doesn't look up. I'm wondering at this point if he's dead, eyes open. But wait! Arm movement!

So I weigh the options - behind him or in front of him? Which will least likely cause the death of my child as I venture around this creep? I decide "front". I cross the walkway, then look back. Dude still hasn't moved.


Scene #2: So I go back to the store, do my shopping, and pack up the car. As I prepare to back out, I see Some Dude in a Sedan. He's parked behind me, at a red curb, marked FIRE LANE - NO STOPPING AT ANY TIME, and blocking a fire hydrant. So I proceed to slowly pull out... Dude doesn't move. Watching for oncoming traffic, I pull out further. Dude finally gets off his cell phone, juggles it in the air as he tries not to drop it while starting his car and throwing it into reverse before I flatten his car with mine. Luckily, there were no other cars or pedestrians behind him, as he didn't bother to look. Tragedy averted!

Some Dudes - you're making men look bad! Shame, shame!

No comments: