Friday, May 06, 2005

38 Weeks and still chugging along

An excerpt from my appt. on Wednesday:

Dr.: (apologetic) I'm sorry, you're not dilated at all.

Me: THANK GOD!

Dr.: What?

Me: I'm not ready to have this baby. I have too much to do!

Dr.: Oh, okay. (perkily) Guess what? You're not dilated at all!

So that was my visit. All healthy, otherwise.

Adding to the list of things I cannot do because my stomach's in the way and trying to work around it makes my back hurt:

(1) Empty the dish drainer behind the sink.
(2) Wash dishes in the sink.
(3) Load/empty lower rack of dishwasher.

The prior list included pick things up off of the floor, and lean over and work with children.

Things I'm surprised I can still do:

(1) Tie my own shoes.
(2) Paint my own toenails.
(3) Carry laundry baskets (kind of).

The baby's room is nearly done... just needs a rug, and for my husband to refinish his dresser (which was his father's as a child as well).

I'm crossing my fingers that the baby holds out until his due date. Life is too busy right now!!!

No comments: