Saturday, December 11, 2004

17 weeks and I'm losing track

I seriously have trouble with math. How stereotypical is that - a WOMAN have trouble with MATH? Impossible. Ha.

I can barely remember how far along I am. Not to mention that I'm nearly done with my fourth month, thus I'm like 3-3/4 months along, not like, say, 4-1/2. I'm totally out of it.

I'm also going to start splurging on pregnancy facials, because for someone whose nickname in high school was "Perfect Skin", I now look like I'm covered in boils. Although every time I see a picture of the dashingly handsome Viktor Yushchenko and what he looks like now after being poisoned with dioxin, my troubles are very small indeed. (Still won't stop me from getting a facial.)

In better news... I went to the doctor on Thursday.

Me: "I've been feeling buzzing down here." (Pointing to about four inches below my navel.)
Doc: "Like fluttering?"
Me: "No, more like... zzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzz."
Doc: "Hey, that's some early movement!"

No sh#t, Sherlock. More of an observation than a question. But that's... OKAY.

She took a listen via Doppler... and this time, the heartbeat was QUICKLY found and totally unmistakable and strong.

So I called my husband afterward.

Me: "The baby has a message for you."
Him: "Oh yeah? What is it?"
Me: "WHOMPWHOMPWHOMPWHOMPWHOMP."

He called me again two hours later just to hear about it again!

No comments: