Tuesday, October 31, 2006

MILF in training

We had three - THREE - groups of trick-or-treaters this evening. An all-time low for us! So I'm glad I just pulled out one of my costumes from storage and didn't put in too much effort. But the outfit was cool: a long black wig with bangs, a legit vintage minidress (kinda psychedelic!) that I bought at Buffalo Exchange in Berkeley several years ago, and some short heels.

One of the groups was five boys, most likely aged around 14 years old. Our exchange:


Me (opening door): Oh, wow!

Boys: ...

Me (to boy with hideous green goblin mask): Ew, that mask is scary!

Boy on Left: Uh...

Me: Okay, here's some candy.

Boy on Right (faintly): Have a nice evening.

Me: Thanks, you too! Happy Hallowe'en!

(Boys wander off, stage right.)

I start to close the door, and as it's nearly closed, I hear: "Daaaamn!"


This is where I became perplexed. The candy was good candy, but it wasn't like a huge regular-sized bar. But it was good stuff, not the cheapy-grab-bag stuff. So I went back to see my husband, who was giving the baby a bath.


Me: That was weird.

Hubby: Who was that?

Me: (related story to him)

Hubby: Yeah, "daaaamn"! Hello! Those boys didn't know what hit 'em!

Me: Good thing I didn't lean over to get more candy. This dress is quite air-conditioned.


Happy Hallowe'en!

No comments: