Friday, October 08, 2004

Working on Week 9

So this is what it looks like to be five months pregnant. At just over 8 weeks. Wow.

One of my co-workers who knows that I'm pregnant said that yeah, she noticed yesterday that I was looking bloated. How other people haven't noticed (or are just keeping their opinions to themselves) is beyond me. I mean, I don't even know whose body I have anymore. It's certainly not mine. This is not my stomach and these are certainly not my breasts and as for where that fat on my hip bones came from, perhaps only God and Drs. Kinsey and Spock know.

2 comments:

Cori said...

OMG! When I was 7 mo preggers.... my boss's best friend came to the office for lunch..... my boss mentioned that I was expecting.... her friend said... "Oh, I thought you were just fat." People can be pretty harsh! Hang in there! (I didn't go back after leave!)

lovelylinguist said...

Are you serious? GEES! My four-days-ahead-of-me co-worker and I joke about the fact that we don't totally seem pregnant-looking yet, just like we've "let ourselves go". :)

Thanks for posting!